The Patient Participation Group (PPG) is comprised of patients of the surgery who are willing to be contacted a few times per year via email but not necessarily attend face to face meetings. The PPG work together with staff and doctors to help them:
- to provide a means for patients to make positive suggestions about the practice and specific medical conditions as an ‘expert’ or experienced patient
- to encourage health education activities within the practice
- to develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients
- act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care
- to involve further patients from the wider population (see below)
Who can become a member?
Generally anyone who is a patient within the Practice. However the Practice does have a right to refuse an individual if it considers it is in the best interest of the individual or the Practice.
How to join
We currently have a virtual patient representation group chaired by Madhu Hampal (Practice Manager) but if you are interested in joining this group please complete the sign up form below.
Contact the Patient Group
Contact the Patient Participation Group with any suggestions, comments and feedback for the forum meetings by completing the below form.
- No medical information or questions will be responded to.
- Individual complaints cannot be dealt with through the Patient Group. Complaints should be addressed to the Practice Manager.
Please be assured that your contact details will be kept safely and securely, and not shared with anyone else.
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you, and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.